When you travel with family its great memories and valuable time
Flying on the Wings of Wildness
Serengeti Hot Air Balloon
Balloon is the most beautiful flight in the world and ultimate safari experience on the Sky of the Great Serengeti National Park in East Africa
Serengeti balloon safari is a one-hour tour takes visitors to experience game viewing on an aerial safari in a hot air balloon over Serengeti National Park. At 0500hrs the guests will be collected from the lodge in Serengeti and transfer to the Moru Kopjes, here you will meet your pilot for briefing and watch of the balloon. Pick up and drop off will be Serengeti Serena Lodge.
Departing From: Serengeti National Park
Duration: 1 Hours
Departure Time: 5: 00 Hours
Minimum Persons Required: 2
Best Time: All the year round
At 5:00hours you will be picked up from the lodge in Serengeti and you will be transferred to Maasai Kopjes, here you will meet your pilot for briefing and watch of your balloon. Pick up and drop off at Serengeti Serena Lodge.
At dawn the balloon takes off, rising as the sun rises and floats in whichever direction the winds of the morning take it. Your pilot can precisely control the altitude of your balloon; sometimes flying at treetop height, sometimes lower, offering a unique perspective and great photographic opportunities of the wildlife bellow.
The flight is for about one-hour aerial game viewing depending on conditions, and eventually you might land. You celebrate in the traditional manner with champagne (well, an excellent sparkling wine) before sitting down to a full English breakfast prepared and served in the bush in out of Africa.
After breakfast you receive your Serengeti Balloon Certificate and you will be driven back to the lodge and then continue with the scheduled program of the day.
- Local tourist taxes
- Binoculars for game drive viewing
- Bottled Water at all times while on safari
- Park or reserve entry fees – where applicable
- Driver’s salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Game drives or sightseeing as detailed on the itinerary – where indicated
- Balloon Flight Trip over the Serengeti
- All meals at hotels as mentioned in the itinerary – (Breakfast – Lunch – Dinner)
- Ground transportation with an English-speaking driver/guide or naturalist guide
- Pick up from airport of arrival and drop off to the airport of departure while on safari
- Transport based on excellent 4X4 Vehicle (Landcruiser) with open roof for game viewing
- Full board Accommodation and If accommodation is fully booked, we’ll suggest a comparable alternative
- International flights
- Tips and gratuities, which are optional
- Airport customs entry visas (currently US$ 50 per person)
- Optional Night Game Drives or any tour mentioned as Optional Tours
PLEASE NOTE: The tour can be upgraded to a higher standard accommodation at an extra cost. It can also be cheaper if less expensive (but still good quality) accommodation is used. The final cost of the tour depends on your budget and preference.